Tuesday 20 August 2013

Glamavanning in Wales - New Quay Reptile World

I've been caravanning (but glamorously) in Cardigan, West Wales (or Aberteifi if you're Welsh) for the last week or so with my parents I'm sure I'll do a masterpost of my adventures, but I was quite happy with some of the photos that I took a couple of days ago so I thought I'd share them here.

I've had a DSLR for about a year and a half - and I've only just started to get the hang of using it. My love of animals means that my parents and I often go to zoos and wildlife reserves to take photographs of the cute little beasties! On Saturday, we ventured out in the Welsh rain and visited the quaint seaside village of New Quay. (Quay is a word that always stresses me out - why isn't it pronounced how it's spelt??) We decided to go to the Little Zoo on the Quay...

New Quay Reptile World 











"Let me out!" 


Sadly, the Reptile world was very small, only one room of vivariums, but it was only £3 to get in and it was brilliant for taking photos. We left and decided to take shelter in the Marine Wildlife Centre, where they had a tank of wildlife from rock pools! I snapped this cheeky hermit crab having a dance. 


We kept strolling in the rain and I noticed a crowd forming on the promenade. I trotted off with my parents in tow to see what was happening. I was delighted - A pod of wild dolphins! I don't think I've ever changed lenses so quickly in my life, but I needn't have worried, they were popping up above the waves for ages! 


A mother and her calf - very adorable! 

I heard some gasps and the people nearby pointed down near the rocks by the promenade, and this cheeky little chappy had popped his head up for a look. He was only there for maybe 10 seconds, and then he was gone. 



After all the excitement of the day, we went to a local Fish & Chips restaurant and relished in the awesome wildlife we'd seen (and some delicious battered cod). It had ended up being a really great day even though it had seemed so grey and miserable at the start. 

Hope you like my photos little birdies! 
Take care, 

Kit ♡

All photos in this post belong to me (Kit Wagstaff) please do not repost, edit or tattoo them to your face without permission. 



No comments:

Post a Comment