Sunday 18 August 2013

Birds of the Atacama


I thought I should upload some of my illustration work up here (mostly because I'm stuck for ideas/terrified of posting anything about me because I'm an anxious wreck.) I draw a lot of women (naked and clothed!) but another thing I really enjoy drawing are animals. I've been a wildlife-lover since I was a kid (collecting snails in ice cream tubs) so when I misinterpreted a brief at uni, I used it as a chance to draw some cute birdies. I present to you, fair comrades; 

Birds of the Atacama Desert! 

grey hooded sierra finch


humboldt penguin (in the desert!!) 
chimango caracara
nandu

this isn't a bird


blackthroated flowerpiercer
andean flamingo

me holding a real sierra finch! look how pretty it is! J is v v impressed 

These were all done in gouache paint, which I really enjoyed using and want to play with again (but I've managed to lose my set of paints... Living in a house with 6 other art students is not good for keeping hold of supplies!)

I hope you enjoyed your forage into the wildlife of the Atacama!

Take care little birdies, 


1 comment:

  1. Really cool :D You are super good at painting feathers, they are so hard to do! :)

    ReplyDelete