Saturday 31 August 2013

Inkvelvet Illustration: G2 Covers and Boy & Bicycle



One of my university projects last year was to illustrate a week's worth of G2 Covers (G2 is a supplement that covers arts and culture in the Guardian newspaper). I found it quite fun to have to design one cover everyday - I think I cope quite well with a shorter deadline. There's no time to panic (or leave everything to the last minute) but also not enough time to get bored with the topic.





These are mostly digital media - although the first ("Popcorn Baby") is watercolour. I would like to do a project like this again. I liked the opportunity to pick things that weren't entirely serious: it was a great chance to experiment with my more silly illustrations. 

My favourite is probably the - uh- Footjob one, even though it was kinda embarrassing presenting it to the class. My tutor was very flustered and didn't want to look at it. (although it attracted some very odd usernames when I posted it on Tumblr...) Sorry, Amelia!

As it was featured in the same module, I'll bless you with viewing the poster we had to design for Ridley Scott's first film "Boy and Bicycle". 



Aw yeah. 

Hope you like them! 

Kit ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment